This week, NEPSE index declined 82.37 points (-3.12%) to close lower at 2557.01 points. The weekly turnover remained at Rs 13.18 Billion (+66.3 %) which is higher to last week but lower than average weekly turnover observed in past weeks. The current market capitalization stoods at Rs 3.57 Trillion. READ MORE (Unihome Analytics: 22nd October, 2021)
Major Highlights of the week: (17th – 21st Oct. 021)
- Nyadi Hydropower’s IPO Allotment Concludes; Only 2,09,250 Applicants Allotted; 20,31,888 Applicants Return Empty-Handed.
- IPO of Samling Power Company Oversubscribed: Samling Power Company Limited has opened its IPO issue from 4th Kartik. The early closing date of the issue is on 8th Kartik, 2078. Since the issue was already oversubscribed on the first day. 7,30,000 unit shares have been issued at a par value of Rs. 100 per unit. The issue is over subscribed 14.16 times on second day by 7,83,813 Applicants .
- Mahila Laghubitta (MLBSL) Amends Dividend Decision; Proposed Even More Bonus Shares: MLBSLhas amended its dividend proposal for the fiscal year 2077/78. The company had previously proposed a 50% dividend (45% bonus shares and 5% cash dividend). However, issuing a new notice, the company has amended its dividend proposal to 47.5% bonus shares and 2.5% cash dividend.
- Swarojgar Laghubitta (SLBBL) Calls AGM to Endorse 25% Dividend. Swarojgar Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited (SLBBL) has called its 13th AGM on 27th Kartik, 2078. The meeting will be held in Nepal Pragya Pratisthan, Kathmandu, starting at 11 am that day. Kartik 12 is the book closure date. The AGM will endorse a 25% dividend for the fiscal year 2077/78. The paid-up capital of the company is Rs. 41,12,79,297. The company has received tax exemption on the bonus shares because it recently (2077/06/25) commenced the joint transaction by acquiring Janakpur Laghubitta.
- Asha Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited (ALBSL)has called its 5th AGM on 27th Kartik, 2078 to endorse a 26.3157894% dividend for the fiscal year 2077/78. The meeting will be held in Fall & Trout Village Hotel & Restaurant, Kakani, starting at 10 am that day. 25% bonus shares and 1.3157894% cash dividend (tax purposes) have been proposed. Kartik 12 is the book closure date.
- Civil Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited (CLBSL)has called its 10th AGM on 28th Kartik, 2078 to endorse the 20% dividend for the fiscal year 2077/78. The meeting will be held in Bougainvilla Events, Tripureshwor, Kathmandu, starting at 11 am that day. 19% bonus shares and 1% cash dividend have been proposed. Kartik 14 is the book closure date.
- Global IME Capital launches lifetime demat account service at Rs 2500; account holders to have insurance coverage of Rs 5 lakhs with other facilities.
- Commercial Banks have unveiled the interest rates rate profile for the month of Kartik. The new interest rates profile unveiled for the month of Kartik shows an overall continuation to the interest rate hike. Nepal Rastra Bank Slams Hike in Interest Rate With Addition in Unified Directive; BFIs Forced to Bring Interest Rates Down. Banks Revise Interest Rates After NRB Circular.
- First Microfinance publishes Q1 financial report: profit remains stagnant; Loan and Advances rises by 54.82%
- Hydroelectricity Investment and Development Company Limited (HIDCL) is concluding the final allotment on 20th for bids received in the auction of the company’s shares. According to the auction manager, Rs. 225 is the cut-off rate for the ordinary shares.
- Adarsha Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited : IPO in SEBON’s Pipeline
- Nepal Investment Bank Limited (NIB) has revised its dividend proposal for the fiscal year 2077/78. The bank had previously proposed a 16% dividend (11.24% bonus shares and 4.76% cash dividend). Issuing an amendment notice, the bank has revised its proposal to now distribute 12.611% bonus shares worth over Rs. 2.05 Arba and 3.389% cash dividend worth over Rs. 55.09 crores. Nepal Investment is in a merger process with Himalayan Bank Limited and its trading is halted in NEPSE.
- Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) auctioned off treasury bills worth Rs 11.20 billion on 18th, 2021. The central bank sold the treasury bills through the tender process in a bid to mobilize short-term loans for the government.
- Gurans Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited (GLBSL) has called its 6th AGM on Kartik 22, i.e. November 08. The meeting will be held in New Aanjali Hotel, Dhankuta, starting at 11 am that day. The AGM will endorse the 17.796% dividend (16.906% bonus share and 0.8898% cash dividend) for the fiscal year 2077/78. Kartik 08 is the book closure date.
- ICFC Finance Limited (ICFC)has proposed a 14% dividend for the fiscal year 2077/78. The 287th meeting of the board of directors held on Ashoj 25 decided to distribute 10% bonus shares and 4% cash dividend (including tax).